Your first visit to Associates In Dermatology involves a few special steps so that we can get to know you. To understand what to expect, please read through this page. You'll find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office, practice hours, payment policies and more.
There's also background information about our committed staff and our first visit procedures. You can also save some time by printing out and completing the patient forms in advance of your appointment.
Our mission at Associates in Dermatology encompasses three arenas of excellence and advancement in the provision of dermatologic care in Louisville, Kentucky and its surrounding regions:
A. Service to patients
- Compassionate patient-centered diagnosis and treatment of persons in all life stages is the primary focus of our practice.
- The patient is an active and respected member of the care team, and their voice will be heard and valued with attention paid to their individual unique needs.
- Total dermatologic care is realized through excellence in medical, surgical, dermatopathologic, and aesthetic subspecialties, all of which are represented within one practice.
- Dermatologic evaluation will be provided in a positive environment where physicians and team members are wholly invested in the implementation of recognized, effective standard and innovative treatment modalities.
- Our practice routinely provides tertiary and complex dermatologic care, and we take pride in offering exceptional management of common dermatologic ailments as well as representing a referral center for challenging and/or rare dermatologic entities.
- Our practice is committed to teaching patients and caregivers about their diagnosis to empower them with the knowledge and skills that optimize disease management.
- Our practice is committed to educating medical students as well as resident and fellow physicians in a collegial and unbiased environment so that our standards of excellence may be continued in future generations within our community and beyond.
- Our practice is committed to its academic appointments at the University of Louisville School of Medicine, Division of Dermatology and take pride in our faculty representation as well as our divisional chairmanship.
- Our practice is committed to teaching physicians both within the field of dermatology and other medical specialties via local, regional, and national conferences and presentations.
- Our practice is committed to obtaining and maintaining board certification as well as meeting and exceeding requirements set forth by state medical licensing agencies.
- Our physicians represent patients and physicians by serving on committees and professional societies at a local, state, and national level to ensure that the needs of both patients and physicians are met.
- Scientific research is encouraged and regularly performed, presented, and published in peer-reviewed medical journals by our physicians.
- Our practice prides itself on providing cutting edge therapeutics and novel ideas in the field of dermatology.
- Our physicians strive to exemplify the moral and ethical standards associated with the privilege of providing patient services, and in so doing, set examples for our colleagues.
- Every effort is made to ensure an honest, open, collaborative, respectful and fair working environment for all members of Associates in Dermatology.
Please print and fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit:
All newly referred patients and self-referred patients will have their visit note and any pertinent test results sent to their primary care/referring provider after the visit is documented and finalized. Established patients information will also be shared upon request or when pertinent.
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
Click here to download it.
Map and Directions
Our main office on Springhurst Blvd. is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., and Saturday from 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. If you have urgent dermatology concerns after hours, please call 502-583-1749. Our answering service will page a physician who will contact you promptly. All appointments can be scheduled through our main office at 502-583-1749. We accept most major insurance plans, but please call us for verification if you have concerns. We have multiple locations to conveniently serve your dermatology needs.
Louisville, KY 40241
Lebanon, KY 40033
Shelbyville, KY 40065
New Albany, IN 47150
Audubon Medical Plaza East
3 Audubon Plaza Drive, Suite 630
Louisville, KY 40217
Leitchfield, KY 42754
What To Expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It will also help alleviate any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling prior to your first appointment. Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this Web site. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.
At your visit, we will need:
- Your Insurance Card(s)
- Referral, if required by your insurer
- Check, credit card, or cash for co- payment, if required by your insurer